We've Updated Our Look
The first thing you may notice when logging in is that we've updated the look and feel of Virtuous, with a slightly more bold color palette and a new look for the Virtuous logo. It's not a total makeover, but still, we are feeling pretty good about new look, and we think you will too.
Maybe you like the Donation Forms that are part of Virtuous Giving, but you've ben thinking, "Gee, I wish there was just a simple way to let folks sign up for our newsletter on our website and have that show up in Virtuous." Well, your wishing made it so! (*Not really, our developers might get offended, it took a lot of hard work.) Now, when creating a Virtuous form, you can select the option to create a Lead Form, allowing web site visitors to complete a Contact Form and actually sign up to join any of your Email Lists.
To learn more, check out our complete support article on creating Lead Forms.
Form Confirmation Emails
And speaking of forms, we've added a new type of email. You can now configure Form Confirmation Emails and select them to be sent to anyone who submits a donation or completes a lead form. These emails are sent right away, providing an immediate touch point to start connecting with your donors and prospects. Get started by taking a look at our support article on creating Form Confirmation Emails in our help center.
Marking a Gift or Pledge as "Private" means that a donor wishes to remain anonymous, but until now, it's been hard to see the Gift data too -- unless you are looking at a Project screen. With this release, Private Gifts will now be visible on the Recent Gifts dashboard widget, the 13-Month Donor Health report, the Gifts by Project Report, the Pledge Payment Report, and on the Gifts screen. For users without the Private Gifts permission, the donor data will be listed as Anonymous, but now the Gifts will be displayed to provide accurate totals.
"Oh my gosh, wait a minute, did that just say 'editing tasks?' Does that mean we can actually edit tasks now?" YES, IT"S TRUE! By popular demand, we've added the ability edit any existing task, so now dates can be pushed back, additional detail can be added, and tasks can even be reassigned to a new owner.
Additional Gift Import Details
Keeping with the theme of popular requests, we've also added two new items to the Gift Contact Import screen. Now, if a Default Batch name is assigned when creating an import, we will display that Batch name on the Import screen. And once Gifts have been imported, the name of the user who imported that batch will also be displayed.
New Project Owner Assignment Options
Hey, sometimes you have a user who needs to own all of the same Projects as another user, and you don't want to spend time editing a whole slew of Projects just to make that happen. Well, now you don't have to! Just query for all of the Projects owned by any one user (or several users, we won't stop you) and then you can use the Actions drop-down from the query results to edit the Projects in bulk.
...And the Rest
As with every release, this month's update also includes a number of other fixes, tweaks, minor modifications, and assorted nudges. Among this month's assorted fixes:
- When viewing a Gift received via Virtuous Giving, the Form Name of the form used to make the Gift will be displayed. Gifts can also be queried by Form Id from a Gift query, if you are so inclined.
- In the Gift Import tool, a visual indicator will now show which Individual on a Contact record was specifically matched.
- The Contact screen has been updated and the tab for Contacts is now labeled "Contacts." Seems simpler, right?
- The Virtuous API now allows for querying on Individuals.
- While we're talking API stuff, we also added the ability to manage Project Roles, add Transaction IDs and Sources when posting a new Gift, and get Grants based on an external reference ID. OK, that's all the techie developer stuff, we promise.
- For receipts, there is a brand-new merge field for Total non-tax deductible. So update your receipts accordingly!
- Now that we've introduced Email Lists, we added the ability to filter or query Individuals by Email List so you can see exactly who is on each list, which is kinda important. You can even click on the name of an Email List to be taken to a filtered list of Individuals on that list.
- The Contact Name field will now always be visible on the new transaction view in the Gift & Contact Import tool. Sorry it was playing hide-and-seek before, we gave it a stern talking to and sent it to its room to think about what it had done. Won't happen again.
- In some cases, Anonymous Gifts were being sorted by Contact Name. Turns out, this kinda defeated the purpose of making the Gifts Private, so we mixed them up a bit instead.
- Filters have been added to the Manage Premiums screen, and along with them, the ability to export a list of Premiums.
- Organizations with custom reports will now have the option to export the report data table to a csv file.
Phew! That's a lot of cool new stuff! As always, if you have any questions about these or other features, feel free to contact our team using the support widget in Virtuous, or drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.