If you have to generate export files, sometimes it may not have been clear how to navigate to the Exports screen in Virtuous. And now, you won't have to.
Look in the upper-right corner, and you'll see a new Exports icon. When export files are ready to be downloaded, you'll see a notification badge appear. Just click to view available export files and download them, from wherever you are in Virtuous.
Queries for Marketing
Sending emails and creating automations generally requires building and maintaining a lot of queries. To make that easier for marketers, we've added the Query Tool as a menu option from Virtuous Marketing - no more switching back and forth!
New Volunteer Query Type
And speaking of queries, you'll notice a new addition to the list of query types: you can now choose to create a Volunteer query. Use this to generate lists of volunteers by opportunity, and more!
New Lapsed and Prelapsed Criteria
In the "you asked, we listened" category, we've made a change to the criteria used to assign the Lapsed and Prelapsed system Tags. These Tags will now take into account BOTH direct giving and passthrough giving. Prelapsed givers won't have any gifts of either kind in the last six months, and lapsed givers won't have any gifts, either direct or passthrough, in the last year. Donors who have missed a Pledge payment, even those with recent gifts, will still be marked as Lapsed, just as before.
Private Contact Icon
At first, it might sound odd to say that we've made private Contacts easier to find. But wait, we can explain! We've added a lock icon next to the Contact Name when viewing the record of a private Contact, to make it clearer to Admins and those with private Contact permission when they are viewing private records, so they'll know which to share and which to keep...well, you know.
Email and Phone Updates
When processing transactions in the Gift and Contact Import tool, email addresses or phone numbers flagged as new can now be added as the primary email or phone, all in one click. No more having to edit the Contact later!
Errors are Red, Violets are Blue
We've gone through and made some updates to make error messages a little clearer in several places in Virtuous. Now, when creating a New Contact...
...or creating a new Project, any errors should be a little easier to spot, and address quickly.
...And the Rest
As with every release, this month's update also includes a number of other fixes, tweaks, minor modifications, and assorted nudges. Among this month's assorted fixes:
- We've made a small change to the Project Summary Report. Now, any Projects with EITHER gifts OR expenses within the report timeframe will be included in results.
- Users with Contact "write" permissions - and access to the Query Tool - can now add Contacts to Organization Groups in bulk. Use this power wisely, my friends.
- Admins can now create custom fields for Media Outlets.
- There was a bug that allowed users importing their Segments to create duplicate Segments. This was bad, so we stopped it.
- API users can now create and assign tasks to users.
- And that's not all, developer types! The Contact Note API endpoint will now support sending and storing a time stamp as well as date.
- When emailing the embed code for a Virtuous Lead or Giving Form to your web developer, the Form Name will now be included in the email. Sure, it takes away from the air of mystery and all, but it turns out that wasn't a good thing anyway.
- Some urls were not saving correctly on Form thank-you messages. They will now.
- We wiped out a bug that prevented some admin users from accessing the Email List management screen.
- Cancelled Pledges were being included in the Pledge Fulfillment widget and on Project Statements, but fear not! They are gone now.
- When selecting a Default Segment for a gift import batch, any Default Projects associated with the default Segment will now populate...bydefault.
- Some users have reported seeing an error when choosing to view 100 emails per page on the email screen in Virtuous Marketing. Good catch! That was indeed a bug, which we have now vanquished.
And that's the list! As always, if you have any questions about these or other features, feel free to contact our team using the support widget in Virtuous, or drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.