Happy new year!
Now that the year-end push is over and the books are being closed on 2018, it's time to keep moving forward with some new features. We've been hard at work getting these ready to help you jump-start the year and keep making Virtuous better than ever. Read on to see what's in store for you this month
Copying Receipt Templates
Speaking of closing the books on 2018, it's time to get those year-end statements out the door. To make it easier to create multiple versions, we've added the ability to copy an existing receipt template
Want to learn more about preparing your receipts? You can pick up some tips from the recording of our last training webinar of 2018:
New Filter Options
Hey, who doesn't love using filters to create quick lists and download data? Of course, we all do! But now, there's even more to love. For starters, we've added support for filtering on Tags, Contact Owners, and Custom Fields. Go ahead to the Contacts page and see for yourself!
But Wait, There's More
That's right, we didn't stop there! We've also added the ability to filter on relative dates, just as in a query. You'll now see operators for "Before" and "After," which will allow you to select a relative date live "One Year Ago."
And We're Still Not Done
"These new Contact filter options are super cool," you might be saying, "but what I really need is to see this stuff in a Gift filter." Well, then you should head on over to the Gifts page, because we've added these new filter options there too. And as an added bonus, if you click on the three small dots in the upper-right corner of the Gifts listing, you'll now be able to add additional columns to the Gifts screen layout.
Event and Volunteer Filters
Yep, if you can't tell, we're a little filter-happy this month. We've also added the ability to filter on the Events page and the Volunteer Opportunity page, making it just that much easier to find what you're looking for.
Easier Pledge Matching
We have heard from many of you, asking to make it possible to select a Pledge payment when entering a new Gift in the Gift and Contact Import tool, without having to first save the Transaction. Well, ask and you shall receive! Now, you can manually enter a Gift and link it to a Pledge payment, all from the very same screen.
Schedule Recurring Gift Start Date
When creating a donation form, it's now possible to offer your donors the option of selecting the start date for a recurring gift. On the form editor, just look for the "First Payment Date" field under "Giving."
...And the Rest
As with every release, this month's update also includes a number of other fixes, tweaks, minor modifications, and assorted nudges. Among this month's assorted fixes:
- Some users reported an issue with previewing receipts that include the Calendar Year to Date and Fiscal Year to Date total fields, so we fixed that right up.
- We also fixed a bug preventing users from adding Media Outlets to new Gifts.
- If you have ever wished on a star for the ability to create Custom Fields for Planned Gifts, your wish came true!
- When receipting Gifts from a Gift query, the Receipt Date field is now optional, allowing users to generate and send year-end receipts without overwriting existing Receipt Date values.
- We went ahead and wiped out a bug that prevented removing Individuals from Email Lists in bulk via a query.
- API users, this one's for you: Virtuous will automatically retry failed webhooks, up to 5 times over a 24-hour period.
- When entering a Gift and creating a Pledge simultaneously in the Gift and Contact Import Tool, the Pledge will now inherit the same Project specified on the Gift, to save a few clicks.
- Apparently tag counts were not being updated correctly on the tag screen. That seemed a bit off, so we went ahead and corrected them.
- Clients using a third-party Gift processing that integrates with Virtuous (like RaiseDonors) can now opt out of having Pledges created for new Recurring Gifts. Just looks for the "Auto-create pledges" option on the Organization screen ion Settings (Admins only!) and uncheck the box to opt-out.
- We tightened up some of the matching logic in the Gift and Contact Import tool, to make things just a little smoother for you.
And that's the list! As always, if you have any questions about these or other features, feel free to contact our team using the support widget in Virtuous, or drop us a line at email@example.com.