Who's The Target?
There are several options available when sending an email in Virtuous Marketing. The Targeting step of the email wizard includes the option to send to an email list as well as the ability to use queries as inclusion or exclusion criteria. It's a lot to keep track of, and it can be pretty darn impossible to remember how you sent a particular email once it's sent.
Well, we'd like to make that a bit easier.
Now, on the Sent Emails screen, users can see whether or not their email was sent to its associated email list, as well as links to any queries used in the sending criteria. This should come in very handy when analyzing email results!
The Search bar in Virtuous does a LOT of heavy lifting. So to help ease that burden, our team has been working hard behind the scenes to improve search performance and provide better results.
As part of this, some of you eagle-eyed viewers may have already noticed that we have started limiting the number of Quick Search results. If you're not sure what this means, try typing any name or email address into the search bar, and then hit Enter (or Return, we're not shaming anyone's keyboard setup here). Previously, we would return any and every possible matching result, leaving it to users to click through the results.
Now, you'll notice that we return a set of ten results, These ten results will always be the highest-ranking matches found in the database, meaning that a more specific search will be more likely to return the correct result.
If you'd like to see all possible matches for a common value, like "Smith" or "John," your best bet now will be to use the Filters on the Contacts page instead.
There, you can use the First Name, Last Name, or Contact Name "Contains" filter option to see any and all matching results.
We are continuing to work on improvements to the Search feature, so watch this space for future updates!
...And the Rest
As with every release, this month's update also includes a number of other fixes, tweaks, minor modifications, and assorted nudges. Among this month's assorted fixes:
- Parent Projects were not displaying correctly when viewing Projects; we've coaxed them out of hiding now.
- Some users reported an issue with adding primary emails and phone numbers in gift imports. That simply won't do, so now any contact methods marked as primary in an import should display correctly.
- Users with an organization that is set to a different base country should now see dates in the correct format, even when editing. We apologize for shuffling them on you.
- Gift Ask custom fields will now play nicely with the Query Tool.
- Non-admin users who have had difficulty adding Individuals to email lists should no longer have said difficulty.
- When merging Contacts, email list subscriptions will be preserved in the merge process. As they should be.
- Some bulk edits and other actions were not functioning correctly, so we've made sure all bulk actions are now processing much more smoothly.
And that's the list! As always, if you have any questions about these or other features, feel free to contact our team using the support widget in Virtuous, or drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.