The Match Game - Pledge Edition
Now that everyone has had some time to get used to using pledges, we've added the ability to match gifts to pledge payments in the Gift & Contact Import tool, so you can match payments without interrupting your usual data entry flow.
If you missed anything from our last update about the new pledge features, you can always check out our support articles on this topic.
But What if a Pledge is a Passthrough?
No, this isn't some mysterious riddle. Sometimes, donors may make a pledge and then make their actual payments though their foundation or donor-advised fund, or some other vehicle. The same applies to recurring gifts, too. Now, once a passthrough giver has been added to a gift, you can associate that gift with a payment toward the passthrough giver's pledge.
Eagle-eyed users will also spot a slight change to the gift entry screen, allowing a little more room when selecting passthrough givers on a gift.
Make Like a Banana and Split!
Lest you start to think we only have eyes for pledges, recurring gifts have some new tricks, too. Specifically, now recurring gifts are able to support more than one project split. Want to set up a recurring monthly gift, split among four separate projects each month? Have at it!
When entering a gift and creating a recurring gift together in the Gift & Contact Import tool, you'll see that the project splits set up for the gift are mirrored on the recurring gift. When creating a recurring gift by itself, you'll be able to edit the project splits directly on the recurring gift itself.
You Get a Widget, and You Get a Widget...
Widgets for everyone!
Customizing the dashboard with widgets isn't just for CRM users any more! Now, users will be able to select specific widgets to display on their Marketing Dashboard as well.
These widgets can be used to track email activity, like clicks, sends, and opens, as well as online giving activity for any gifts received through Virtuous Giving.
Go ahead and check out the new dashboard right now to start customizing yours!
Planned Gifts Get a Little More Lively
That's right, planned giving also gets a little love and attention in this release. We've had lost of feedback from users about new features for planned giving, and as usual, we're listening! Now, you'll see options to select a specific Individual, credit a team member, associate a segment and/or project, and even upload attachments.
...And the Rest
As with every release, this month's update also includes a number of other fixes, tweaks, minor modifications, and assorted nudges. Among this month's assorted fixes:
- Working through large Gift Import files is not a whole lot of fun. So now, when Virtuous bundles any API gifts together into imports, we'll be limiting each import to a maximum of 1,000 records. If you do have a big giving day, you'll now see imports labelled "1 of 3," "2 of 3," etc.
- Ever wanted to delete an event? Well now, as long as there are no event invitations listed, you can!
- On a busy day, sometimes you might get a lot of import or export notifications onscreen. Now, we'll try to manage the clutter a little better, collapsing them and including an option to "Dismiss All" with a single click.
- API users: we've introduced a new endpoint to query for Contact Notes in bulk. Check it out, and all of our endpoints, on our API page.
- Completing a task directly from the dashboard will no longer display an error message. We promise, we weren't trying to make it harder to complete your tasks. 😬
- When selecting a matching pledge payment for a gift, we will display the project name to make it easier to identify the correct pledge.
- Contact custom fields were not exporting correctly in some queries, which, it turns out, was not ideal. Not anymore.
- Adding Contact Tags from the results of an Individual query will actually add Tags to Contacts now. As it should be.
- If you use webhooks, or frequent the webhooks page (and why wouldn't you?), we've added the ability to search for past webhook deliveries.
And that's the list! As always, if you have any questions about these or other features, feel free to contact our team using the support widget in Virtuous, or drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.