We've Got Receipts
There are a lot of features available in Virtuous, and a lot of cool things to do. But no matter what, everyone needs to send receipts. We want to make creating your receipt templates as easy as possible, so we've upgraded our editor for creating mailed (PDF) receipts.
You'll notice a friendlier interface, with simple tools for changing fonts, styling, and colors. And best of all, you'll now have the option to either add a url or upload a file when inserting images.
Existing receipt templates will not need to be changed as part of this upgrade. Go ahead and check it out!
Video Killed the JPEG Star
We all know that embedding videos in an email is not a great idea. But inserting image files and then linking them to your video content elsewhere can be time-consuming, to say the least.
So...what if there was an easier way?
Well, check out the new video content block!
Just drag this new content block to any spot in your email, and then paste in a YouTube or Vimeo link. The video thumbnail will automatically be inserted into your email, with a link to view the video. You can even customize the look and feel of the "play" icon! This should save a lot of time when working on emails with plenty of video content.
Stylin' and Profilin'
Having DonorSearch data integrated into Virtuous is great and all, but sometimes, you just want to see more. More data, more details, more everything.
Hey, it's only natural.
We say: go for it!
For users who have DonorSearch integration enabled and are using their own user account credentials to connect, you'll now see a new option after getting wealth data, allowing you to click and view the complete DonorSearch profile linked to the results.
The wealth data results can still be refreshed by clicking on the refresh icon, visible in the upper right corner.
Use this feature to take a deeper dive into wealth results and get to know your major donors — and potential major donors — even better than before.
Clicked, Opened, Delivered, I'm Yours
In the last release, we introduced the Email Overview widget for the Marketing Dashboard. But wouldn't it be great to see that same view of data, including recipients flagging messages as spam, for an individual email?
Well, we sure thought so. You can access the Email Activity for any specific email version either from the Sent Email screen in Virtuous Marketing or by viewing the versions for any email and then selecting "Activity" from the Actions drop-down.
Bundles and Bundles of Contacts
With the introduction of Virtuous Forms, including lead forms, event forms, and volunteer forms, we've seen a lot more Contact data flowing through the Virtuous API. But while Gift Transactions can be seen in real-time, and even bundled manually for import at any time, pending Contacts haven't had the same level of flexibility.
Well, until now, that is.
Now, from the Data Management screen in the Settings menu, you can view Contact data as it comes in, and even choose to bundle all records and create an import at any time. Use this to track responses to new acquisition initiatives and manage data on your schedule.
Last week, we sent out information on API changes for this release to everyone signed up for our new Developer Digest emails.
This release includes a new record limit on all query endpoints, and improvements to three of our existing endpoints.
If you are a developer, or if you just like to stay in the know on all the high-tech goings-on around here, just reply to this email and let us know, or use the support messenger to contact us..
...And the Rest
As with every release, this month's update also includes a number of other fixes, tweaks, minor modifications, and assorted nudges. Among this month's assorted fixes:
- The editor isn't the only change we've made to receipting. Now, when exporting PDF receipts, all receipts will be exported in ascending order by postal code (for US addresses only). This will be extra handy when sending quarterly or annual statements, to take advantage of bulk mailing rates.
- Some users have noticed that when reviewing potential duplicates on the merge screen, some matches appear out of date. This is because, once two records have been flagged as potential duplicates, they will remain so until the data is reviewed. This seemed a little confusing (shoot, now I'm confused), so now, choosing to Run the duplicate search will identify new potential matches, and selecting Refresh from the Actions drop-down will clear old results and re-run the duplicate search to provide more valid results.
- This next one goes out to all you Single Sign On (SSO) users out there. Yes, you, who log in to Virtuous with your Google or Microsoft account. TOO LONG have you been prevented from updating your profile or adding your avatar, for want of a password. But NO LONGER! Yea, verily, now ALL users will be able to update basic profile settings without entering a password! Oh, happy day!
- If you've ever exported data from a Project Role query, and wondered why Project Name was not available as an export field, we hear you! Now, you'll see Project Name as an available option for export.
- Gift Asks: they aren't just for hard credit donors anymore. Now, when choosing to link a Gift to a Gift Ask, you'll have the option to select a Gift Ask on a Passthrough Giver's record. Provided there IS a Passthrough Giver on the Gift, naturally.
- We squashed a tricky bug that may have caused some gifts to be omitted when viewing the Project Summary Report. These Gifts would have been at the edge of the report date range, which was the root cause, but now everything should be lining up nicely.
- By popular demand, users will now be able to edit the Origin Segment value even after it has ben set on a Contact record.
- Some eagle-eyed users pointed out to us that Associated Projects were not, in fact, being displayed in the "Associated Projects" column when viewing the Projects screen. This seems to fly in the face of conventional wisdom, so we've added Associated Projects to this column now.
- You ever move to a new house and then accidentally realize you left something behind? Well, moving Individuals from one Contact record to another (via the Parent Contact feature) was doing just that with Communication History data. We've made sure that the next time someone moves, everything will go with them in the moving van.
- Adding Contact Notes via the Email Sync feature will now be compatible with the dashboard Activity Report. While it is a fun game playing "spot the content" amid a sea of HTML gobbledegook, I think we can all agree that there are just not enough hours in the day for that sort of thing.
- Pledge Payments and Recurring Gift Payments will no longer be flagged as "Past Due" on the date they are due, but rather the day AFTER, because that is how due dates actually work.
And that's the list! As always, if you have any questions about these or other features, feel free to contact our team using the support widget in Virtuous, or drop us a line at email@example.com.