There, click on the blue add button in the upper right to bring up the new Project form.
Here, you can fill in the information for your new Project:
- Name: Give your Project a name that is clear and easily identified for ease of gift entry.
- Revenue Accounting Code: This code may be the GL code for the Project in your accounting software, or and internal code used to identify a particular Project. This Project Code can be used during gift entry to identify the Project designation for a gift.
- Description: Use this space to enter a brief explanation of the Project. What would your internal staff need to know about a particular Project?
- Duration Type: New Projects are set to "Ongoing" duration by default. You may switch this to "Fixed Duration" if your Project is short-term. Doing so means that you must also specify start and end dates.
- Financial Need Amount: What is the financial goal for your Project?
- Financial Need Type: By default, "Fixed Goal Amount Only" is selected. For ongoing Projects with monthly or other recurring budget needs, select "Ongoing Need" and then specify a frequency.
- Restrict Gifts to Valid Amounts: When checked, only specified gift amounts may be received for this Project. This feature is often used by sponsorship organizations.
- Associated Projects: You may specify other Projects, regardless of their Parent Project, Type, or Location, to be linked to this Project.
- Project Owners: You may select one or more users to be Project Owners. Project Owners who have the Restrict By Project option select in their user permissions are limited to seeing only gift data for their assigned Projects.
- Settings: These checkboxes are largely for internal staff information only, with the exception of the "Set as Default" option. Your Virtuous database will include a single Project named "Default Project" which is designed to be your General Fund. You may choose an alternate default Project, but there can be only one.
After clicking Save, you'll be taken to the Project screen. You may click the edit icon next to the Project Name or anywhere else on the screen to edit the Project information.